What’s the water quality in Kingwood Texas? Water quality impacts your health and the health of your family. Here’s what’s in the water in Kingwood Texas, and how you can make sure you have clean water to drink in your Kingwood home.
Where Does the Kingwood Water Supply Come From?
Kingwood gets it water from the Houston Municipal Water supply. But they are very close to the source: Lake Houston.
According to the City of Kingwood:
- 86% from Lake Livingston (Trinity River), Lake Conroe and Lake Houston (San Jacinto River)
- 14% from underwater aquifers
So if you want to know what you are drinking in Kingwood, drive down to Lake Houston. Take the bridge on 1960 across from Atascocita to Huffman. That (plus chlorine and treatment chemicals) is what you’re drinking.
Read on to find out what chemicals and contaminants are in Kingwood tap water and what you can do about it.
Get Your Free Clean Water Checklist
What’s the Water Quality Report in Kingwood Texas?
The City of Houston water supply meets federal guidelines. But is that good enough for your family? And if it is, why are you buying so much bottled water?
If you drink Kingwood Texas tap water, here are some of the chemicals you are consuming, all in the Kingwood and Atascocita water supply ABOVE HEALTH GUIDELINES!
- Bromodichloromethane – This chemical forms when disinfectants such as chlorine are used to treat tap water. It’s been found to cause cancer and kidney and liver damage
- Chloroform – Chloroform is formed with disinfectants like chlorine, but it’s also found in industry, coming from chemical companies and paper mills.
- Chromium (hexavalent) – Do you remember the movie Erin Brockovich? It was about a small town and the woman who exposed that their city water wells were contaminated. It’s a carcinogen. The water supply in Kingwood contains elevated levels of chromium.
- Radiological contaminants – Radiological contaminants leach into water from certain minerals and from mining.
- Total trihalomethanes (TTHMs) – Total Trihalomethanes (TTHMs) are the result of a reaction between the chlorine used for disinfecting tap water and natural organic matter in the water.
All of these chemicals are known carcinogens (i.e. known to cause cancer).
If you live in Kingwood, you are drinking, bathing in and cooking in these chemicals.
How Do I Remove Chemicals from Kingwood Tap Water?
There are many water filtration options.
However, the best way to remove chemicals from your wter supply is with a whole house water filtration system.
A whole house water filtration system will:
- Remove chemicals from the water you drink, bathe in, wash in and cook in.
- Provide clean, filtered alkaline water throughout your house
- Remove excess minerals that can damage your pipes and water heater, and that leave stains in your sink and toilet.
- Reduce the amount of water and cleaning products you purchase.
Contact us today for a free in-home water test for your home in Kingwood, Humble, Atascocita or Huffman.