Hard water is water with a high mineral content. These minerals may include calcium, lime, magnesium and sulfates.
It’s common in certain areas of the country. But that doesn’t mean you have to live with it.
Schedule your free in-home water test, or read on to find out more about hard water.
How can I tell if I have hard water?
Do you have any of the following?
- Lime scale in your coffee filter
- Dry, itchy skin due to soap scum
- Dull or sticky hair
- Soap scum in your bathtub
- Low lather no matter how much shampoo you use
- A knocking sound when you turn on the hot water due to lime scale and calcium build-up
- Yellow or brown stains in your toilet bowl
- Scale build-up in your pipes
You may need to buy a special detergent for hard water. And if your water heater or pipes have too much calcium, you may be facing a costly replacement bill.
What is a water softener?
A water softener removes minerals from your water. With a whole home water filtration system, calcium and magnesium are removed from your water through ionization.
With soft water you’ll have:
- Cleaner dishes
- Softer skin
- Smooth clean hair
- Softer clothes
You’ll use less soap in cleaning and laundry.
Plus, you’ll save on damage to your appliances. And, you’ll potentially have a lower energy cost for water heating.
Your whole home water filtration system includes a water softener!